Friday, March 22, 2013

Week 2 On The 5:2 Diet ~ 3% fat loss & Another Inch off #5:2Diet #Weightloss #Diet #EatNutritious #GetHealthy

As promised, this is my week 2 Friday check in. Technically, my diet week doesn't end until Sunday, but I'm happy with Friday check ins. 

By the end of my first week on the 5:2 plan I lost 9 lbs! With only one 30 min session on my exercise bike while watching TV.

This week went well. My Monday fast was a breeze and Thursday was easy, too. It seems to be getting easier and when I come off the fast I'm finding that I'm not as crazy hungry as I thought I'd be.

In fact, controlling what I eat is so much easier now after my fast days. I can only think that the break from eating allows my blood sugar to settle, which eliminates the constant sugar cravings. I can't tell you how free from sugar addictions this make me feel.

Before starting the 5:2, I had dreadful sugar cravings which my body never coped with and I'd end up so tired I could hardly function. I haven't had, nor craved, on piece of chocolate, cake or stodgy pudding in two weeks.

Now I'm not saying I'll never eat another chocolate or slice of cake again, I'm just confident that if someone placed a delicious slice of cake in front of me, I'll have enough self-control not to dive on it before the bottom of the saucer even meets the tabletop.

I like this feeling of freedom.

Not once in two weeks have I emotional eaten. I allow myself to eat what I want as long as I'm hungry, but to tell you the truth, I haven't thought of food once unless I was hungry.

This is unheard of for me, let me tell you. 

After Monday's fast, I weighed (just so I could report back to you guys) and lost...nothing! BUT my fat count went down by 2% and I lost an inch from my hips! I did start exercise again this week so perhaps the lactic acid build-up in my muscles translated to the scales as no weight change. I'll report next Friday on this week's weight loss. But so far I've lost 3% body fat this week and another inch off!


    
bloggerwidgets
Close [x]

4 comments:

  1. That's amazing, Monique! So glad it's working well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Leah!

    Thanks. I think I've finally found a "diet" that works for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monique,
    Congratulations! Keep it up but expect your weight loss rate to slow to a healthy 2 or so lbs a week.

    Re your comment about Leptin in your first post. Leptin is not "body's fat burning hormone" but rather your body's fat to brain signaling hormone. The more fat you have, the higher your leptin levels will be. The brain is supposed to sense this and reduce eating. But leptin resistance can develop and obesity will result. One of the reasons the 5:2 diet works is that it helps reduce leptin resistance. Byron Richards is the foremost writers on the subject. Check out http://www.wellnessresources.com/leptin_diet.php
    for more info. Very interesting stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Richard! :)

    My weight loss has slowed, which I expected.

    Interesting about the leptin.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I greatly appreciate it! :) :)