Friday, February 26, 2016

Dish The Pie With Monique and Guest...Deborah Hall-Branch #FaithBased #WomensFiction & Banana Pudding


Dish The Pie With Monique & Deborah Hall-Branch

Happy Friday!! Am I the only one who lives for the weekends? Yeah, sure they're busy, but c'mon, it's the weekend! 

I have a little treat for you. My Dish The Pie guest today is Deborah Hall-Branch. Not only is she an ordained minister, she's also the author of THEONA, a faith-based women’s fiction novella. Before we get to the book, though, I need to ask you, Deborah...

Do you like desserts? What is your favourite and would you share the recipe with us? 

Deborah: Southern Style Banana Pudding.  My husband isn’t a big fan of it, so I usually find myself eating it all.

Monique: So I guess you usually make this pudding for one? . I've never heard of Southern Style Banana Pudding and can't wait to get your recipe. Please share it with us.
Favorite Dessert:  Banana Pudding

Photo by: Delicious as it Looks

Ingredients Nutrition 

Servings 6-8  Units US 
1  cup sugar
3  eggs, beaten
1  dash salt
2  tablespoons cornstarch
2  cups milk
1  teaspoon vanilla
3 -4  ripe bananas, sliced
 vanilla wafer

Directions

Mix sugar and eggs together.
Add salt, cornstarch, and milk.
Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly; cook until thickened.
Remove from heat; add vanilla and mix well.
In serving bowl, layer the wafers, bananas, and the pudding. 

Monique: Sounds delish! Have you ever eaten pie for breakfast? If so, what was it?

Deborah:  No.  I can’t even eat lunch without having
Created by Crystal Swan for Dish The Pie With Monique
breakfast first no matter what time of day.

Monique: No indulgences for you then? I think some of my readers would agree with me when I say...pie can be breakfast!  What is the happiest moment of your life? (besides giving birth, or hubby proposing)

Deborah: Being told I was cancer free.  That was the happiest moment of my life and still.

Monique: I can imagine, Deborah. I'm so happy to hear that you've been well and truly healed! Who do you get along better with? Men or women?

Deborah:  Men.  Although I’m a woman too, I have discovered we just have too many isms and schisms.  One day we like the person we call friend.  The next day we’ve moved on to someone else.  No, I pick men every time.

Monique: I hear you there! I get along so much better with men. The best female friends I have are all cyber. Have you ever had a best friend of the opposite sex?

Deborah:  Yes

Monique: Okay...just yes? You've piqued my curiosity big time...Which movie is your all-time favourite? The one you watch so often you know every line?

Deborah: The Temptations.  Someone brought me the movie for a Christmas present several years ago and we’ve played it so much it kind of drags now.  But, I know all their dance moves, songs, and lines.  Funny!

Monique: I think I would pay good money to watch you shake your stuff!  It's been wonderful hanging out with you, Deborah. Would you tell us a bit about your novella?
THEONA
by
Deborah Hall-Branch

A faith-based women’s fiction novelette

“Theona, wait! You have me wrong. I wasn’t… maybe I should not have said that. Please believe me; I would never use anyone. That was just my stupidity speaking out loud in case you turned me down. I really do want to have dinner with you; get to know you better. Can you forgive me?”

Sympathy burrowed deep within her spine. His saddened eyes burned into her soul. He reached over for her hand and held it in his. “Don’t worry, I’m not a swindler or some handsome, mesmerizing demon from hell that has come for your soul—just a lonely guy who can’t handle rejection from a beautiful intelligent woman and would love to share his evening with you.”

Theona couldn’t deny the burst of sympathy for him in her heart. His sincere words made her heart race. “Maybe we can have a few drinks. We’ll see how the evening goes in reference to dinner. You better hope karma stays on your side.”

“He smiled. “Okay, I can go along with that.” Satisfaction twinkled across his face.


Deborah Hall-Branch was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.  A unique author whose promo tag 
is “Sometimes Fantasy.  Sometimes Reality.  Always Spiritual.  After working many years in the health field, a job separation nudged her to begin writing about her life’s experiences.  Deborah is also a multi-genre published author, co-author, and motivational speaker who teaches about abuses warning signs, its devastating aftermath, how to break free from their low place to women, children, and men.  Her first book, Through the Eyes of Abuse was published in 2009.  She has written more than several published five star articles.  Her compassion to help someone else be healed from this horrific stigma became her mission and to share her most intimate stories with others has opened many doors such; as, C.O.P.E. (Coalition of Prison Evangelists) a well-known organization throughout the United States of America, CASA, a nonprofit network supporting and promoting court appointed volunteer advocacy for abused and neglected children, Youth and Teen symposiums, and Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. (Zeta Mu Chapter) “The Morning Aphter” Programs.  A licensed/ordained Elder in the ministry where she serves, her addressees has also been those of leadership positions within the Christian denomination.  Married nineteen years, mother of three adult daughters, and grand mom to three handsome grandsons, and one beautiful granddaughter.  Deborah and her husband now reside in Atlanta, Georgia.

In November 2015, Deborah published her first faith-based women’s fiction novelette, THEONA available now on ebook format.



bloggerwidgets
Close [x]

7 comments:

  1. Theona such a great novel. I am looking for the conclusion to the matter. When can we expect to hear more about Theona? That novelette took my breath away. I am looking forward to your next release.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I am so glad you like Theona. Right now, she just so happens to be my favorite also. And, I am considering a sequel. However, right now I'm working on my next women's fiction novelette. Sorry, can't release the title yet. But, I promise it will have you sitting on the edge of your seat!

      Delete
  2. My name it Tina Patterson, i would like to know what made you want to write and what is your take on thr abuse of woman and children; which now seems to plague our communities even more in this day and age?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tina, I take it that you have read my first book, THROUGH THE EYES OF ABUSE. Thank you for leaving your comment. To be perfectly honest, I feel in love with writing while working in the medical field. On my lunch break, I would sit at my type writer and just write my thoughts. Before I realized it, they became short stories. Poetry definitely was and is my thing. And, a sure way to relax and release unwanted stress. I really want people to understand that although society has mainly highlighted women and children falling victims to abuse of any status, there are men who unfortunately have fallen victims also. With God's guidance, I wrote my book to help others who'd been overtaken by this horrific disease once again find their way back to a healthy, vibrant life through God's healing power and love. Abuse opens the world to demonic forces so powerful that they can disintegrate families which we see what appears to be a far more highlighted offspring of it today. To be perfectly honest, it always have been. Families just kept it quiet. You know, the old cliché "what happens in our home, stays in our home." My book is filled with compassion and offers a course of action so that the hurting will find a long-awaited healthy place through Jesus Christ. There must be forgiveness, healing, and redemption. Those things take the power from our predators. Behind each gloomy day shines a twinkle of sunlight. Everywhere I go I will share my story and pray someone will find their healing in the arms of our Savior.

      Delete
  3. Monique, thank you so much for having me. It has been a real inspiration and blessing to be able to share with your readers. I pray this is not the last time we will glorify our Father together. Be blessed always! Deborah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome, Deborah! Your book highlights such a touching subject, and I do pray that all who reads it experience our Saviour's healing light and glory. And may Dunamus fall on them to make them excellent of soul! I would definitely love to spend time with you again very soon.

      Hugs x

      Delete
  4. Thank you. It is so important to me that through my writings those who read them will find a healing place in Christ Jesus. I so look forward to working with you again. I am so excited about you, my sister in Christ from the UK. Be blessed forever!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I greatly appreciate it! :) :)