Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Dish The Pie With Monique: An Introduction To My New #Blog Segment. If You Like #Pie & #Books, Stop By!


Anyone who really knows me knows I LOVE pie! I'm not ashamed to admit it. Yes, I love carbs and I eat them at every opportunity. If you've ever read any of my books you'll notice that there's always food, and often a bit of pie featured in my stories. 

I thought I loved pie until I met my latest heroine Riley Flinn from KISS ME AGAIN. This girl loves pie, but she's smart, she works it off on her pink punching bag. Note to self: purchase punching bag so I can get a body like Riley's!

Anyway, back to pie and the introduction to my new blog
segment. Starting from now, I will be sitting right here on the Dish The Pie With Monique set as I interview authors about their latest books, and the most important part...their favorite pie. My guests will share their favourite recipes. I don't know about you, but I can't wait to try out all those new recipes.   

Meanwhile, here is one of the pies from Kiss Me Again. Fresh chocolate peanut butter pie. I didn't make it, sadly, I'm allergic to cheese. But like all good research, I happened upon this recipe at Community Table @Slow_Roasted, and you can pop over there to grab the recipe. I'll put the recipe here with a link to the original post by Donna Elick.


No-Bake Peanut Butter Cup Cream Pie

By 

(Chad A Elick)





  • SERVES
    12
  • ACTIVE TIME
  • TOTAL TIME

INGREDIENTS

  • 24 whole chocolate sandwich cookies
  • 40 mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, (wrappers removed, divided)
  • ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
  • 1 (8-oz) package cream cheese, softened
  • 1¾ cups powdered sugar, divided
  • 1 (16.3-oz) jar chunky peanut butter, (approximately 1¾ cups)
  • 2 cups heavy cream
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • ¼ cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
  • 2 oz milk chocolate, broken into pieces

DIRECTIONS

  1. In a tall bowl whip heavy cream with an electric mixer until you can start to see a defined trail through the cream. Add vanilla and slowly add ¾ cup powdered sugar. Whip until stiff peaks form. (In other words when you turn off the blender and lift the beaters out of the cream, the cream stand up on the end of the beater). Place in the refrigerator while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
  2. In a food processor combine cookies and 20 peanut butter cups. Pulse until your mixture is crumbs. Slowly pour butter in through the feed tube. Pulse until combined and crumbs are moistened.
  3. Pour crumbs into a 9” pie plate and press mixture on the bottom and around the sides to form pie crust. Place in the freezer while you prepare the filling.
  4. To prepare the filling: Combine cream cheese and 1 cup powdered sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes). Add peanut butter. Beat until well combined. Fold in ½ of the whipped cream until it is completely incorporated. Pour into chilled pie crust. Smooth with a spatula. Pour remaining whipped cream over top. Place in the refrigerator while you prepare toppings.
  5. Place the milk chocolate in a microwave safe mixing bowl. Heat for 30 seconds at a time, stirring each time, until chocolate is melted. Set aside.
  6. Quarter the remaining 20 mini peanut butter cups.
  7. Sprinkle peanut butter cups over pie. Sprinkle chopped peanuts over pie. Use a spoon to drizzle chocolate over pie (or transfer chocolate to a plastic sandwich bag and cut a very small hole in the corner, then drizzle over pie).
  8. Refrigerate until ready to serve or serve immediately. Enjoy!



Recipe & pie image provided with thanks to Donna Elick at http://communitytable.parade.com/

Other image used with thanks to  FreeDigitalPhotos.net
bloggerwidgets
Close [x]

6 comments:

  1. mmmmm.... I love this pie!
    I too love carbs... Bread in any form (including pie crust LOL) is my weakness I'm going to add these to my Pinterest board: https://www.pinterest.com/pamelasthibodea/recipes-books/ so feel free to repin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, Pam, you're speaking my carbo-language. Hmmm...brreeead...

    Thanks for the pinterest addy. I'll be sure to add you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just wondering if you've ever watched Supernatural. There is a character and that show that has a pie thing.

    Love the idea for your new segment (or slice, if you will). I'm looking forward to following it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, MJ, I've never watched Supernatural. I don't think I'v even seen the teasers for it. Pie is very popular, isn't it? I'm excited to meet lots of authors and collect a ton of pie recipes in Dish The Pie :D

      Delete
  4. You had me with the 2nd ingredient--Reese's p-nut butter cups. Mmmm. This looks like it's going to be a great segment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to love Reese's anything, right? Thank you, I have high hopes for the Dish The Pie Segment. :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I greatly appreciate it! :) :)