Monday, March 7, 2011

Screenwriting

I can't believe it's been so long since I last posted to my blog! You probably wondered where I disappeared to. I've been buried under loads of learning with a screenwriting course, and I love it.

For as long as I can remember, I've had people suggest that I should write scripts. I have to say I resisted for a long time, then a few months ago something happened to make me reevaluate my choices and my future as an author. Have you ever had that moment when it suddenly hits you that what you're doing is no longer doing it for you? Well that's what happened to me and I spent some time in a funk, not sure which direction to go. Then a series of events occurred and it was like bam-bam-bam--things just sort of fell into place.

And now I'm on a whole new journey. Don't get me wrong, it's mega hard work but I'm loving it. It's by far the best decision I've made for my career. The funny thing is, several years ago I has a dream where I was handed a Comedy & Tragedy Masks trophy. How cool is that? I now wonder whether that dream was trying to tell me something all those years ago?

Have you ever had a dream that seemed strange, then you later discover it to be a glimpse of your future? Have you experienced a crossroads in your career? How did your decision turn out? I'd love to hear about your change in direction.
  
bloggerwidgets
Close [x]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I greatly appreciate it! :) :)