Monday, December 28, 2015

#MondayMorsel ZACH'S REBOUND GIRL #BookSample #Romantic #Comedy #Mystery #Suspense #RomanceReaders

Wow! It's almost the end of the year. Where did it go? I'm sure many of you are asking the same question. This past year I got caught up in a lot of life and, as a result, I ended up neglecting my blog.

I aim to do so much better in 2016! I've started the new Dish The Pie segment where I'll be interviewing my fab fellow authors and getting them to share their favourite pie recipes with us. We've already had Forgotten Cookies with KD Harp. And tomorrow we have my dear friend Chicki Brown on the segment taking Death By Chocolate cake and her Stafford Brothers series. I can't wait!

As well as the Dish The Pie segment, I'll be sharing samples of my published books every Monday. I also plan to reimplement writing a new weekly episodic story, so stay tuned for that!

Meanwhile, here is your Monday Morsel, Book Sample of Zach's Rebound Girl.



Zach's Rebound Girl
Published by Crystal Swan Publications
(C) Monique DeVere 2014
All Rights Reserved


“I know you, Maddie. You may have matured, but there is one part of your personality I’d lay bets on hasn’t changed. You’ll let your emotions get involved ... and then you’ll get hurt.”

“I’ll have you know I’ve had plenty of one-night stands, and I haven’t gotten emotionally involved once.” She pointed a forefinger straight up in front of his face, getting carried away with her effort to appear experienced.


He looked unimpressed, sexy and tousled from when her hands had mussed his hair during their kiss on stage. She wanted to do it all over again.


“I don’t believe you.”


Her mouth fell open at the sheer audacity of the man. Okay she was lying, but he had no way of knowing that. She could’ve had thousands of affairs for all he knew. “You don’t even know me. I’ve changed.”


Electric tension vibrated between them. He was staring at her mouth again, his jaw stiff, eyes doing that glitter thing once more. 


“I don’t think so. Underneath all that sophistication you’re still the sweet girl I used to know.”


Goaded into retaliation, Maddie followed the first crazy impulse that popped into her head. 


“Oh really? Would a ‘sweet girl’ do this?”


Before he had time to take a breath, Maddie threw her arms around Zach’s neck and plastered herself to him.


As kisses went, she nearly cracked a tooth with her surprise attack. He wrapped his arms around her as he staggered back. Pleasant shock rippled through her. Zach didn’t push her away. He was kissing her back. He crushed her against his chest, growled low in his throat, and deepened the kiss. 

Purchase Zach's Rebound Girl from Amazon




bloggerwidgets
Close [x]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I greatly appreciate it! :) :)