Anyone who really knows me knows I LOVE pie! I'm not ashamed to admit it. Yes, I love carbs and I eat them at every opportunity. If you've ever read any of my books you'll notice that there's always food, and often a bit of pie featured in my stories.
I thought I loved pie until I met my latest heroine Riley Flinn from KISS ME AGAIN. This girl loves pie, but she's smart, she works it off on her pink punching bag. Note to self: purchase punching bag so I can get a body like Riley's!
Anyway, back to pie and the introduction to my new blog
segment. Starting from now, I will be sitting right here on the Dish The Pie With Monique set as I interview authors about their latest books, and the most important part...their favorite pie. My guests will share their favourite recipes. I don't know about you, but I can't wait to try out all those new recipes.
Meanwhile, here is one of the pies from Kiss Me Again. Fresh chocolate peanut butter pie. I didn't make it, sadly, I'm allergic to cheese. But like all good research, I happened upon this recipe at Community Table @Slow_Roasted, and you can pop over there to grab the recipe. I'll put the recipe here with a link to the original post by Donna Elick.
No-Bake Peanut Butter Cup Cream Pie
- 24 whole chocolate sandwich cookies
- 40 mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, (wrappers removed, divided)
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 (8-oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1¾ cups powdered sugar, divided
- 1 (16.3-oz) jar chunky peanut butter, (approximately 1¾ cups)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 2 oz milk chocolate, broken into pieces
Recipe & pie image provided with thanks to Donna Elick at http://communitytable.parade.com/
Other image used with thanks to FreeDigitalPhotos.net