Monday, March 1, 2010

Spring Is In The Air!

It's the first of March and I'm convinced spring is in the air. All the snow is gone and my spirits are soaring just to see the sun and green grass. A close look at my pear tree shows a wonderful collection of leaf buds and I can't wait for spring to get into full swing.

The summer is even better, but I'll save my excitement for then and concentrate on enjoying the springtime. There's just something so exquisite about this time of year that makes me glad to be alive. This is probably why I usually do my first detox of the year at this time. Speaking of which, I woke this beautiful morn ready to do my week long spring detox.

I usually do a juice fast, but this time I thought I'd do the Detox in a Box I saw advertised in the Feb issue of Health & Fitness. I tell you, it's the foulest thing I've ever choked down. I can't imagine drinking anymore of the "shake", which is made up of Ispaghula Husk, Sycamore Charcoal, Green Clay and Bentonite/Montmorillonite.

I'm still shuddering every time I think of drinking it--I might need a slice of carrot cake to get rid of the memory! Needless to say, I won't be continuing with the clay "shakes" but I will drink the detox tea, which is quite nice. I might even go ahead and give the Vital Energy food supplement a go--who knows.

But one thing I know for sure, I'm sticking with Jason Vale (The Juice Master) and Carol Vorderman for my twice yearly detoxes from now on. Never again will I succumb to a pretty add--even if it is in my favourite colours!



Until next time
Monique~ 
bloggerwidgets
Close [x]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I greatly appreciate it! :) :)