Friday, January 4, 2013

#EFT ~ An #Author's New Best Friend?

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Years!

I've been off the circuit for a bit. I'd like to say the reason is because I've been locked away in my study writing realms as I finished my latest movie script or my new book, but alas, I've been sick. I know, all very exciting, right?

The thing about being sick in bed--once you get over the 'this is it, I'm going to die' part, and can see straight again--is that you haven't got the energy to work but reading is A-OK! I love to read (I'm an author, it's a given I know :)), and while I love reading novels, I love reading for knowledge more. This brings me to my latest reading/learning escapade.

EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques). It is a technique developed  by Gary Craig, an engineer familiar with NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) and TFT (Thought Field Therapy). He, together with a group of students, discovered a way to gain the benefits of acupuncture without using needles. The technique they created is done by gently tapping various  meridian points on the body in order to release stress and shift blocks in the energy system.

Apparently, EFT can help to shift anything that causes blocks in you system. Whatever trauma or problem, EFT can remove it just by spending a few minutes tapping each day. Of course when I saw this, my brain sat up on full alert. Imagine how amazing my writing day would be if I could only get my internal critic to shush and my perfectionist nature to tone down. And what about my mind-blowing ability to procrastinate? Life would be great!

But, I'm a Christian and need to test everything before I go for it. I mean what is this thing, anyway? Some kind of New Age therapy/movement? Is it demonic? Occult? What?

This is what I discovered. EFT can help to resolve old patterns and limiting beliefs. It can remove strongholds, and free us from the bondages the enemy has installed within our conscious and subconscious minds, bodies and emotions.

It is proven that the human body has a Meridian system and we all know God made the human body, so it stands to reason that He also created the Meridian and energy system. There are billions of people who don't believe in God, yet this doesn't stop Him from loving these people unconditionally and wanting them to find the healing they need.

A big part of many Christan ministries is the Healing ministry but think of all the people who desperately need psychological and physiological healing but would never think to attend a healing service. Where do they get their healing? What about the people who love and follow Yeshua but haven't got access to Healing ministries? I'm thinking Yahweh is a lot smarter than any of us--what do you think? Yeah? I think He is! Therefore is it not possible that He has given us EFT as a way to achieve fast, easy results?

I firmly believe this, and I'm embracing EFT. It is simply amazing what this thing can do, and, as with everything in my life I gave Yahweh the glory and thank Him for his goodness, His mercy and His grace.

Since the Bible tells us all good things comes from Yahweh, I have to conclude that this amazing--too good to be true--form of healing cannot be of the Devil! Why would the enemy want us healed in anyway?? Therefore, EFT has to be a blessing sent from The Almighty!

I don't think I will ever get to a point in my life where I'm not astounded by how much our Father truly loves us--even when many have no time, respect or love for Him.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

I love You, Lord!

So tell me, have you ever used EFT? Ever heard of it? If you've used it, will you share your experiences with us in the comment section below?

I'm working on getting rid of my debilitating procrastination. I'll be sure to keep you posted!

If you are interesting in EFT and  you leave a comment below, along with your email addy, I'll send you a fab e-book on how to Transform Your Emotions with Energy Tapping (EFT).

EFT (also called Energy Tapping or Emotional Freedom Techniques) can help to rid you of procrastination, limiting beliefs, and frustrations. It can free up your creativity, as well as remove the blocks that keeps you from achieving your dreams.

Wouldn't that be something...?


 
bloggerwidgets
Close [x]

6 comments:

  1. Sorry you've been sick. I was wondering where you were...

    Sounds interesting. Let me know how this works out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I studied TFT about 14 years ago. It is amazing stuff, and I teach it to clients in my healing work.
    Cheers to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Chicki!

    I'll be blabbing all about how it goes! So far I'm really getting some amazing results :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Kelly,

    Nice to meet you. I'm not sure what TFT is. Or is that a typo? If you pop back and TFT isn't a typo can you explain, please?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is very interesting. Would love to get more info.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Celeste!

    EFT is pretty amazing. I'll send you the book. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I greatly appreciate it! :) :)