Sunday, June 7, 2009

Desktop Progress Meters For Writers




For a long time I’ve been looking for a desktop progress meter to keep an eye on the progress of each of my WIPs.

There are quite a few of these word count meters around on the Internet. The problem I had was that they all seem to be designed to put on your blog or website. I like my privacy and putting these things up for all to see made me uncomfortable. Like opening up myself to criticism on my writing speed.

So I took them down. However, I still wanted to be able to keep an eye on how much I’d written and how much I had to go.
I am pleased to say I finally found a fantastic progress meter. It’s called Barbecue Desktop Progress Meter. You can find it here if, like me, you like to see how your work is progressing without the whole world knowing it too.
You have to take a look at it! I personally think it’s a wonderful desktop gadget. And wholeheartedly thank the brilliant guys who created it. It allows you to have all you WIPs bars right on your desktop. How cool is that?
I just love mine. Which is why I wanted to share it with my fellow authors and friends.
Do let me know if you use it, and what you think of the Barbecue Desktop Progress Meter.

Until next time, all the love in the world.


bloggerwidgets
Close [x]

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing such a great idea. I was just talking with my husband about finding a meter that I didn't have to put on my blog. Now, all I need is a good task maager! Thanks again Monique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are most welcome, Talina!

    I know how frustrating it was to find something like this, and just HAD to share.

    Thanks for dropping by.

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I greatly appreciate it! :) :)