Sunday, April 9, 2023

10 Unconventional Date Ideas for Couples: Inspiration for Romance Authors #romancewriters #writerscommunity #writersoftwitter #writers #writerslife

As a romance author, I’m always on the lookout for unique and exciting date ideas for my main characters. To me, there is nothing more boring than reading about the heroine and the hero going on a date. I prefer the “date” scenes to be unusual. Let’s face it, the dinner date has been done to death. Yes, I have a few in my romances, which is probably why I’m sick of them. But, on the other hand, I always make sure my dinner date scenes are in some way unusual. At the end of the day, it's the chemistry and connection between the hero and heroine that creates a memorable date scene. 

Anyway, now that I’m back to writing, I’ve been on the hunt for date ideas that would inspire me to write stories that create experiences for my characters. Dates that are not only romantic but also allow the hero and heroine to grow closer and strengthen their bond.

I thought you might enjoy some of the ideas I’ve come up with. 

I’ve searched for inspiration in a variety of places, from personal experiences to travel blogs, and even social media. I love the unconventional and unexpected. These have got to be the most memorable dates, I think. Why go out to dinner, when you can go for a more adventurous date. 

Something like:

1. A hot air balloon ride. It's a unique and romantic way to see the world from a new perspective. Can’t you just picture your hero and heroine taking in the fabulous scenic views and creating memories that will last a lifetime?

2. Volunteer together: I also like the idea of my characters volunteering together, whether it's at a local animal shelter or a community garden. It not only shows their selflessness but also allows them to work together, giving them lots of bonding time.

3. Cooking classes: Watching the MC and love interest learn to cook a new dish together can be both humorous and romantic, especially when they make a mess or get into a friendly argument over the recipe.

4. Dance lesson: There are so many ways we can incorporate this into a romance and it's a great way for the hero and heroine to get out of their comfort zone and experience something new together.

5. Explore hidden gems in their city or wherever they happen to be: I LOVE exploring! Discovering new places is just the most amazing thing and it can create a sense of adventure and spontaneity in the character’s relationship.

6. Scavenger hunt: I love the idea of a scavenger hunt. This would be a fun way for the hero and heroine to work together to solve clues while discovering new places, things about each other, and experiencing unique challenges.

7. Picnics in the park: Enjoying the outdoors and each other's company can make for a romantic and intimate date.

8. Escape Room: Solving puzzles and riddles together in an escape room sounds like a fun and challenging way for the hero and heroine to work together and bond over their shared love for problem-solving.

9. Attend a murder mystery dinner: This sounds like it can be a lot of fun for the hero and heroine as they put their detective skills to the test. Not only will you get to dress them up and write the fancy meal, but the MCs will get to work together to solve a fictional crime.

10. Stargazing: Send the H/h to a secluded spot away from the city lights and let them spend the night stargazing. What a romantic and peaceful way for the hero and heroine to connect with each other and the universe.

And, of course, there’s always the Surprise Date. I think it’d be romantic to have the hero surprise the heroine with a mystery date, where she has no idea where they're going or what they'll be doing. This has got to be a great way to add excitement and spontaneity to their growing relationship.

Since the romance story is all about creating memorable moments that will stay with my readers long after they finish the book, I think sending the characters on exciting dates would serve the purpose, don’t you?

As a writer, how do you come up with ideas for the “date” scenes in your romance?

And, as a reader, what are your favourite date scenes from romance novels that have stayed with you?

Would you like to share this post? Click to Tweet this ready-made tweet:

Click To Tweet10 Unconventional Date Ideas for Couples: Inspiration for Romance Authors @MoniqueDeVere https://ctt.ac/dRzWG+

bloggerwidgets
Close [x]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I greatly appreciate it! :) :)