Saturday, January 15, 2011

Is He The One? Ten Ways to Be Sure!

I saw this article and it's so spot-on, I simply had to share it! Do you agree with the article? How did you knew your beloved was The One? Do leave a comment and share your romantic stories with me...

Part time fling or long term lover? It's the eternal question. He's cute, funny and your friends love him, but is that enough? How do you know he's 'the one'? Here are 10 factors to consider and if you can meet at least nine of them then hold tight because he might just be the one you've been looking for.

He makes you laugh until you cry


A sense of the humour is one of the most appealing qualities in a man and sharing the same jokes will keep you close, whatever comes your way. It doesn't matter if no one else finds you funny, as long as you can make each other laugh out loud.


You want the same things out of life


If you want to settle down and have a family and he wants to travel the world with no commitments then you are not on the same page. Although all couples have to make compromises you should essentially want the same things out of life and be able to work towards them together.


He likes you best with no makeup on


Yes, you may think he is lying but the chances are that he really does prefer you au natural. He loves you for you, not for the clothes you wear or the make up you doll yourself up in. If he tells you you're pretty when you are cuddled up in your pyjamas then chances are that he means it.


You love him because of his flaws


It is wrong to think that to be ‘the one' your man has to be perfect. Nobody is perfect. He is ‘the one' when you know him well enough to see all his flaws, accept them for part of who he is, and love him just as much anyway.


He supports you in everything you do


Whether you are going for a job promotion or planning a night out with your friends - he should be your biggest cheerleader. He may not agree 100% with all your decisions but he will never stop you doing anything, will be there to offer advice and pick you up when things go wrong.


You trust him implicitly


If you have been hurt in the past it can be difficult to trust again, but it is an important part of any relationship. Your partner should earn your trust by proving that he always keeps his word and treats you with respect. No, you can never be 100% sure he won't stray but 99.5% will do.


Even your dad/best friend/dog likes him


OK, it shouldn't matter what other people think of him, but it is still nice to know that they approve. Your dad and best friend are only looking out for your best interests and it is difficult to convince them that somebody is good enough for you. If your boyfriend manages to get them on his side then you are probably on to a winner.


You wake up and feel lucky each morning


As you roll over in the morning and see him lying next to you, you are struck with a great sense of contentment. Here, out of everywhere in the world, is where you most want to be. You feel lucky to have him in your life and can't imagine sharing it with anyone else.


You stop noticing the cute guy at the coffee shop


Of course you are still going to find other men attractive but it is amazing how much less you notice them when you have found ‘the one'. Think about it, have you met anyone recently who really got your juices flowing? No? Then chances are he's right in front of you.


You just know


Sometimes there is no defining factor or moment that confirms he is ‘the one' - you just know. When your life is brighter with him in it (even with his annoying habits and football obsession), when you feel happy each morning and can't imagine your life without him, when you smile thinking about him - you just know.




Thanks to Handbag.com.
bloggerwidgets
Close [x]

14 comments:

  1. I agree with the article, those are all valid signs. The only thing I would add is that when you find this perfect love, you still have to hold onto it tightly, and nurture it carefully. Cause even the most deathless love can change with time.

    I've been married for thirty years, separated for six. I miss the man he was, and I've grown accustomed to being alone. Would I like another perfect love? Of course. Am I likely to find it at my age? Doubtful.

    Treasure what you have, you never know what might change in the future - it might be you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jules,

    Thanks for stopping by. You are so right. Love needs nurturing. But I have to add laughter.

    I've been married to my beloved for twenty years and through thick and thin, better and worse, we can always find humour. Even often right in the middle of a heated disagreement, one of us will say something and we immediately dissolve in laughter.

    I love that we still laugh. People change as they age--thank God! I've changed, and I'd like to think for the better, as my walk with the Lord progresses.

    As long as a couple stay close to the Lord, not much can destroy love.

    Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this sounds just like my husband! We've been married 29 years and I met him on a blind date set up my mutual friends.

    But I knew almost from the start that he was the one. And he still sends my heart fluttering, even after all these years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, Susan,

    I love, love hearing about happy long-lasting marriages! Isn't it wonderful when he still makes you go weak at the knees by just walking into a crowded room--even after so many years?

    Thanks for sharing.

    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Monique! Great list! This list reminds me of my book, "Winning Mr. Wrong". In the story the heroine reads an internet article on ten ways to win your man. They're funny ways - and so was the story - but it was sure fun to write. I do love reading articles / blogs like this, so thanks for posting!! Reading through the article reminded me why I've been married for 25 years. So I think this article is right on the nose!

    ~Marie~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Article. I must say that opposites do attract too. I think they have to work harder to hold things together, and one must try to see things through the others perspective more often then not-but it all works out.
    Of course, I'm not speaking through experience of my own. LOL Though I did know immediately, once I met Eric that he was the one. And like Susan, Eric and I met on a blind date. Though I saw him at a party the night before, but I didn't have enough guts to speak to him.
    Hugs,
    Neecy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can relate to these...especially a few! I just knew my husband was "the one". I remember the first time we danced I thought he was someone I could bring home to meet my mother! And, on our first date he arrived early...I still had rollers in my hair! I figured he had a sister so seeing me like that wasn't any surprise...and he was early. The ease/comfortable feeling of being with him led us to be married for 40 years and counting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Monique, I'm coming over from Long and Short Romance. I still haven't found the one but this is a good list to go from!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Monique,

    I met my husband in a bar on a night out for a friends birthday - he was with our group but I didn't know him. I saw him and though 'wow'.

    Sometimes when I look at him across the room I still think 'wow'. We are opposites for definite and we can be quite firey but we always kiss and make up. I too knew he was the one I just felt he was going to be an extremely important person in my life.

    Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been with my husband of 26 years for 29 years. I knew he was the one the first time I had sex with him! If you can only have one man for the rest of your life, be sure he's the best you've ever had! I know this sounds shallow, but for me, that was what I was looking for. All of his other wonderful qualities are what let me know I was correct in thinking he was my Mr. Right.
    I've read that being "in love" is when you think your loved one has no flaws. Moving to the stage of "loving" means that you feel you love him in spite of his flaws. But to truly love someone, you must love him BECAUSE of those flaws, because that is what makes him the unique person you love. Words to live and love by.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great article! I just 'knew' he was the one an hour after meeting him (at a set-up date in a family gathering!) and over the past 9 years he's proved all the top 9 listed requirements valid!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great Article. I knew he was the one because he was everything I ever wanted in a man. Besides that we connected on a level I never connected with anyone else

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this list! Especially the parts about making you laugh and loving you without makeup and trust.

    I nominated your blog for the Stylish blog Award. You can pick up your award here: http://pennyrader.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-blog-won-award.html. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great list...can't be right if your puppy hates him...they love EVERYONE! Enjoyed your post!
    Edge of Your Seat Romance

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I greatly appreciate it! :) :)